SciTech Connect features content provided by our very own Science and Technology authors, including those that have published in the past, are releasing a new book presently or are interested in publishing with Elsevier in the future.
We encourage anyone interested, regardless of your what sector or industry you are in, to browse our Resources for Authors section to learn more about publishing with Elsevier Science and Technology Books and what you can do to get started on your own book!
Elsevier as your publishing partner
Elsevier is a world-leading publisher of scientific, technical and medical resources with 7,000 employees in more than 70 locations around the world. We produce more than 2,200 new titles a year, published internationally in 11 languages, and have over 20,000 books available to support researchers, professionals and students across the globe.
Our authors represent a broad range of specialty areas and are among the most well-respected and authoritative professionals in their communities. We invite you to join a community of world-renowned thought leaders who have published books with Elsevier.
Where does Science and Technology Books fit in?
Elsevier’s Science and Technology Books division reaches out to researchers, professionals and students across life sciences, physical sciences, engineering and computing with quality reference and foundational content on a diverse range of subjects.
We publish under long-established imprints such as Academic Press, Butterworth-Heinemann and Morgan Kaufmann, and drive the advancement and application of science and technology through the delivery of targeted, reliable information to support research, learning and professional practice.
To learn more about our prestigious imprints and the areas we publish in, visit our website.
What do we publish?
We publish a range of product types to suit different subject areas, information types and customer needs. These include:
- References – Edited and authored by the most highly regarded experts in their fields, Elsevier’s highly-cited handbooks and references are an invaluable source of reliable background knowledge on both established and emerging subject areas.
- Textbooks – Elsevier publishes a wide range of innovative and award-winning textbooks for undergraduate, graduate, and professional courses, many of which also serve as foundational references for those no longer studying.
- Short format – These fast-moving, e-leading publications with a print on demand option offer a new publishing route for material of between 10 and 150 pages in published length, allowing us to get high value, time sensitive and cutting-edge information to market more quickly.
- Major reference works (MRWs) – Our encyclopedias and comprehensive major reference works provide authoritative and accessible definitions and background information on a wealth of subjects, supporting in particular those engaging in cross-disciplinary work.
- Series and serials – Sitting somewhere between books and journals in nature, our collection of series and serials combine book-style review and coverage of subjects with the regularity, continuity and development of topic seen in journal publishing.
- Laboratory and practical manuals – Elsevier’s laboratory manuals feature the latest methods and protocols researchers need to consult when working at the bench, while our practical manuals provide step-by-step design and operating procedures, including regulatory information, for use in technical industries.
- Atlases – Elsevier publishes some of the most well respected and highly cited atlases supporting scientific research and study, including the sixth edition of The Rat Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates.
To discuss any of these product types further or seek guidance on how your book idea might best develop, contact the relevant Elsevier Acquisitions Editor for your area.
Why publish with us?
By collaborating with Elsevier, you will engage in a partnership with a team of highly skilled publishing professionals who support your vision and can offer expert guidance on how to turn your idea into a successful published reality.
We combine several hundred years of traditional publishing expertise with the innovative ideas, technologies and platforms needed to serve a diverse, fast-changing community in academia and industry.
As well as publishing in print, our new books are all optimized for delivery in a variety of electronic formats, including publication on the leading full-text scientific database ScienceDirect, which reaches more than 16 million users.
We have a long-standing commitment to quality, accuracy and reliability in our editorial and production activities, and the international sales and marketing reach to ensure your book is available and discoverable to the readers who need it across the globe.
Want to find out more? Contact the relevant Elsevier Acquisitions Editor to hear about our presence in your subject area and what we can do to aid the development and dissemination of your work.
One of the advantages of publishing with Elsevier is our Author Discount. As an Elsevier author, you are entitled to a discount of 30% off the normal list price for any of our science, technology, and health publications. To take advantage of this special discount, please click here.
Author Connect Archives
- SciTech Connect: Elsevier’s Author Blog Helps Increase Online Discoverability
- Partnerships: How We Help Users Find Your Books
- eBook Platforms: Discoverability in the Age of ‘Search’ on Online Retailers and Library Aggregators
- Discoverability: Irked by Wikipedia Errors? Here’s How to Fix Them
- Global Campaigns: Localizing Content to Expand International Visibility of Your Book
- Discoverability: How Author Identification Can Reduce Name Ambiguity
- Discoverability: 5 Easy Ways to Promote Your Elsevier Store Book Page to Your Network
- Discoverability: SEOwning Your Blog Posts
- SciTech Connect Is Quickly Growing in Popularity – Why We Have Elsevier Authors to Thank
- Want Your Work Discovered in International Markets? Global Amazon Author Pages Can Help
- Publicity: So Your Book Won an Award! Now What?
- Publicity: Making ElsevierConnect Work for You
- Publicity: Put Your Book’s Review to Work
- Publicity: How Industry Influencers Can Promote Your Book
- Publicity: Write for Elsevier Connect - Elsevier's "60 Minutes"
- Publicity: How to Get Your Book the Exposure You Want
- Publicity: What Makes Your Book Worthy of an Award Nomination? What We're Winning These Days and Why
- Our Reference Modules Are Receiving Rave Reviews – Here’s Why They Offer Powerful Benefits for Researchers and Authors
- How Elsevier Reaches the World’s Most Skeptical Audience
- Elsevier Welcomes the Authors of Woodhead Publishing and Gulf Publishing into the Family!
- Publishing: Faster Delivery of Time-Sensitive Content
- eBook Forums: A Place for Librarians to Discuss Market Trends and New Opportunities
- Intellectual Property: Combatting Digital Piracy
- Publishing: Choosing the Best Format for Your Book
- Publishing: Free Author Workshop Videos to Help Navigate the Publishing Process
- Publishing: How eBooks are Produced and Distributed
- Publishing: An Author’s Perspective on How to Write a Successful Single-Authored Book
- Publishing Campus: A New Website Featuring Free Access to Online Lectures, Interactive Training, and Professional Advice
- Mendeley: A New and Easy Way to Manage Your Research
- Ready to Write Again? How to Write a Book Proposal That Gets Reviewed, Approved, and Published
- An Inside Look at the 40+ People Behind Your Book
- Amazon: How Author Pages Influence Buyers’ Purchasing Decisions
- Amazon: Short-Term Discount Promotions – Extending the Life of Older Content
- Discoverability: Driving Readership of Your Book through Google Books and Google Play
- Channel Partners: Expanding Your Book’s Reach Through New Partnerships
- Amazon: 3 Simple Tips for Optimizing Your Amazon Author Page
- ScienceDirect: Changing the Way Libraries and Their Researchers Find, Buy, and Interact With Reference Content
- ScienceDirect: How Elsevier Keeps Your Librarian Informed
- ScienceDirect: New Visual Learning Tools Change How Readers Consume Information
- ScienceDirect: A New, Improved Mobile Experience Is Here
- ScienceDirect: New Content Innovations Are Garnering Significant Praise
- An Introduction to Key Concepts in Medicinal Chemistry - Free Download
- Take Your Research on the Road This Summer with Mobile Optimized Book Chapters on ScienceDirect
- Primer for Hacking and Pentesting - Syngress Sampler to Introduce Concepts and Expertise
- Facing Contemporary Challenges in Librarianship Download
- Fact-Based Analytics Empower Librarians to Fill In Content Gaps
- A Student’s Path to Discovering Your Book on ScienceDirect
- Win a Free Year of Your Choice of Elsevier Reference Module
- Free Year of Reference Module Contest Rules
- 5 New Videos That Provide Time-Saving Tips for Your Research
- Social Media: Tweet, Tweet - Elsevier Embraces Twitter
- LinkedIn: Optimizing Your Professional Profile
- Facebook: Optimize Your Profile and Professional Reach
- Reddit: Expand Your Online Discoverability and Demonstrate Your Expertise
- LinkedIn: Quick Tips on How to Promote Your Book
- Twitter: Make Yourself Discoverable and Become an Influencer in Your Field
Tradeshows & Conferences
- Author Connect Newsletter - September
- Author Connect Newsletter - November '13
- Author Connect Newsletter - January '14
- Author Connect Newsletter - March
- Author Connect Newsletter - May
- Author Connect Newsletter - July
- Author Connect Newsletter - September 2014
- Author Connect: Top 10 Most Read Articles from 2014!
- Author Connect Newsletter - November 2014