Elsevier’s Affiliate Program: An Easy Way to Promote and Sell Your Book While Earning Generous Commissions
As an author, you certainly take great pride in the time, research, and passion you put into your book. In preparation to distribute your work to your audience, think about the ways in which you can successfully share and sell your product. Did you know there is an easy and efficient way to capitalize on being a proactive advertiser of your book, allowing you to make additional money in today’s competitive marketplace?
It’s true, there’s no better advocate for your valuable work than you. In addition to using your name, reputation, and contact list to promote your book on your blog, website, in social media, or in a newsletter blast; as an affiliate advertiser for Elsevier, you can also receive a commission percentage of the sales directly related to your promotional efforts.
Elsevier is here to support your efforts, and we’ve made it easy for you to quickly gain access to an invaluable tool that makes your job easier…and a whole lot more lucrative.
Affiliate Marketing: The Elsevier Way
Through our partnership with Commission Junction, a revenue-sharing platform, our authors gain access to a new way to benefit from the sale of their books. In exchange for promoting your book (and associated books if you choose) and directing interested parties to the Elsevier.com, you gain a commission for each sale generated.
Here’s How it Works
Commission Junction works by embedding a “cookie” link that gives you a commission for any sales that originate from your website, blog, newsletter, or social media blast within a 45-day period from that initial click.
While many of our general affiliates promote any, and all, Elsevier.com books that come along, many of our authors prefer to promote their book(s) only. We encourage you to write a little about the book in the platform to let people know, in your own words, why they should make the purchase.
A Step-by-Step Process to a 10% Commission Rate
Commission Junction is free to join, and can be used by both new and existing authors. Here’s your step-by-step guide to commission success.
- Simply complete an application to join the affiliate program, here. In the ‘Website Description’ field, make sure to mention you’re an Elsevier author. Next, you’ll receive an email confirmation that includes your Commission Junction ID number.
- Then, in 2-3 business days, you’ll receive a 2ndemail that confirms your acceptance into Elsevier’s Affiliate Program.
- Once accepted, log back into your Commission Junction account and accept the Elsevier Affiliate Program’s terms.
- Finally, review Elsevier’s offers and promotions and create affiliate links to add to your website, social media presence, or blog.
How to Manage Your Account Easily from the CJ Interface
Adding tracking links to your website and managing your affiliate account is easy. Once accepted, go to www.cj.com and click on the “Login” link at the top-right of the screen to input your credentials. You’ll be able to manage your account from this interface.
If you ever have questions, select the ? icon in the header to view CJ’s help center with helpful articles and how-to guides.
If you are interested in using links or banners from Elsevier on your website in order to earn commission, you’ll want to select “Links >” then “Search” in the header.
Search for “Elsevier Publishing” in the search box on the left side of the screen, and then click the Search button.
Once you find the link or banner you want to use, click on the Get Code icon for the HTML code.
Copy and paste the HTML that shows onto your website to start earning commission. It’s really that easy.
Benefits of the Affiliate Program
– Generous Commissions– 10% introductory commission rate (for the first 6 months), then a tiered 8%-12% rate based on sales levels achieved each month – 8% on sales $1-$998, 10% $999-$9,998, 12% on sales more than $9,999. Elsevier offers a higher commission rate than other major book selling-websites.
– All Books Count– Commissions are earned on ALL Elsevier books, journals, and publications purchased on the Elsevier.com.
– 45-Day Window – You’ll receive a commission on purchases made within 45 days of a visitor first clicking your affiliate link, even if they don’t click your link again right before they purchase.
– Round-the-Clock Support– 24/7 service and support from the Commission Junction Support Center.
– Ease-of-Use – Easy signup and user friendly self-help platform and management system.
– Promotional Tools – Links and banners for a multitude of Elsevier products, sales, and promotions (updated daily).
Join our Affiliate Marketing Team Now
Get ready for commission success by getting started here. You’ll be glad you did when you see how easy and efficient it is to generate additional income for your hard work.
Author Connect Archives
- SciTech Connect: Elsevier’s Author Blog Helps Increase Online Discoverability
- Partnerships: How We Help Users Find Your Books
- eBook Platforms: Discoverability in the Age of ‘Search’ on Online Retailers and Library Aggregators
- Discoverability: Irked by Wikipedia Errors? Here’s How to Fix Them
- Global Campaigns: Localizing Content to Expand International Visibility of Your Book
- Discoverability: How Author Identification Can Reduce Name Ambiguity
- Discoverability: 5 Easy Ways to Promote Your Elsevier Store Book Page to Your Network
- Discoverability: SEOwning Your Blog Posts
- SciTech Connect Is Quickly Growing in Popularity – Why We Have Elsevier Authors to Thank
- Want Your Work Discovered in International Markets? Global Amazon Author Pages Can Help
- Merging Websites to Improve User Experience and Discovery
- Top 10 Author FAQs about Book Metadata and How It Impacts Your Book
- Making Your Book More Discoverable in Google’s Online Platforms
- Publicity: So Your Book Won an Award! Now What?
- Publicity: Making ElsevierConnect Work for You
- Publicity: Put Your Book’s Review to Work
- Publicity: Write for Elsevier Connect - Elsevier's "60 Minutes"
- Publicity: How to Get Your Book the Exposure You Want
- Publicity: What Makes Your Book Worthy of an Award Nomination? What We're Winning These Days and Why
- Our Reference Modules Are Receiving Rave Reviews – Here’s Why They Offer Powerful Benefits for Researchers and Authors
- How Elsevier Reaches the World’s Most Skeptical Audience
- Top Author FAQs about Book Reviews & Awards—An Author’s Guide to the Process
- Publishing: Faster Delivery of Time-Sensitive Content
- eBook Forums: A Place for Librarians to Discuss Market Trends and New Opportunities
- Intellectual Property: Combatting Digital Piracy
- Publishing: Choosing the Best Format for Your Book
- Publishing: Free Author Workshop Videos to Help Navigate the Publishing Process
- Publishing: How eBooks are Produced and Distributed
- Publishing: An Author’s Perspective on How to Write a Successful Single-Authored Book
- Publishing Campus: A New Website Featuring Free Access to Online Lectures, Interactive Training, and Professional Advice
- Mendeley: A New and Easy Way to Manage Your Research
- Ready to Write Again? How to Write a Book Proposal That Gets Reviewed, Approved, and Published
- An Inside Look at the 40+ People Behind Your Book
- Publishing: Why Write a Major Reference Work Article
- Get to Know an Acquisitions Editor: Marisa LaFleur
- 5 Simple Tips To Minimize Edits To Your Book Chapter
- Value of Books
- Amazon: How Author Pages Influence Buyers’ Purchasing Decisions
- Amazon: Short-Term Discount Promotions – Extending the Life of Older Content
- Channel Partners: Expanding Your Book’s Reach Through New Partnerships
- Amazon: 3 Simple Tips for Optimizing Your Amazon Author Page
- Anatomy of an Amazon Product Detail Page for Elsevier Books
- ScienceDirect: Changing the Way Libraries and Their Researchers Find, Buy, and Interact With Reference Content
- ScienceDirect: How Elsevier Keeps Your Librarian Informed
- ScienceDirect: New Visual Learning Tools Change How Readers Consume Information
- ScienceDirect: A New, Improved Mobile Experience Is Here
- ScienceDirect: New Content Innovations Are Garnering Significant Praise
- Take Your Research on the Road This Summer with Mobile Optimized Book Chapters on ScienceDirect
- Facing Contemporary Challenges in Librarianship Download
- Fact-Based Analytics Empower Librarians to Fill In Content Gaps
- A Student’s Path to Discovering Your Book on ScienceDirect
- 5 New Videos That Provide Time-Saving Tips for Your Research
- Social Media: Tweet, Tweet - Elsevier Embraces Twitter
- LinkedIn: Optimizing Your Professional Profile
- Facebook: Optimize Your Profile and Professional Reach
- Reddit: Expand Your Online Discoverability and Demonstrate Your Expertise
- LinkedIn: Quick Tips on How to Promote Your Book
- Twitter: Make Yourself Discoverable and Become an Influencer in Your Field
Tradeshows & Conferences
- Tradeshows & Conferences: A Platform to Promote Your Book
- Tradeshows & Conferences: Staying Connected with Industry Professionals, Academicians, Researchers, and Scientists
- Tradeshows & Conferences: Top 5 Engagement Activities, Plus a List of Upcoming Exhibits in 2015
- eBook Forums: Knowledge to “Fill in the Gaps”
- Author Connect Newsletter - September
- Author Connect Newsletter - November '13
- Author Connect Newsletter - January '14
- Author Connect Newsletter - March
- Author Connect Newsletter - May
- Author Connect Newsletter - July
- Author Connect Newsletter - September 2014
- Author Connect: Top 10 Most Read Articles!
- Author Connect Newsletter - November 2014