Are you an author, editor or industry expert looking to engage and connect with a scientific community of more than 1.9 million people? Blog for SciTech Connect!
SciTech Connect (STC) works to improve your online discoverability, while creating discussion on popular subjects and trending topics among our niche communities. Audience members use STC to get expert insight into a popular topic or field of study, and in the process, get exposure to an authors’ online body of work and books. At STC we don’t just market a book – we market our authors! That way, when people search online for topics in a relevant field, they can find posts, links and content from our authors, ultimately funneling them to book(s) on the Elsevier Store.
Here’s a 5-step overview on how to craft a killer blog post:
- Start with an introduction to a subject or topic that is popular or trending (ideally related to content in your book). Here it’s best to avoid jargon and instead focus on trending or popular keywords around this subject matter. This is your hook – focus on how to draw readers into your post.
- Provide context to frame the topic in the larger discussion. Great blog posts focus on the why – why does this matter to you and to your field?
- Transition to a sample chapter or excerpt from your book that dives deeper into the discussion, offering expert insight and giving the readers a taste of your writing style and book content.
- Followed with a call-to-action that links to your book (with cover) on the Elsevier Store with discount codes. We can provide this for you.
- End with an “About the Author” section which is a 1-2 paragraph blurb marketing your online presence (including Twitter handles or hashtags you use, personal blogs, websites, and social media pages), along with your work and research experience. We like to include a biopic and any links to organization or institutions to which you belong.
If you are interested in blogging for SciTech Connect, please fill out the Author Contributor Form on the right hand sidebar or Stephen Fiedler or Caitlin York.
For additional information on blog writing ideas, tips and submission guidelines, please see the PDF below.