Blogging For SciTech Connect
Are you an author, editor or industry expert looking to engage and connect with a scientific community of more than 3.2 million people? Blog for SciTech Connect!
SciTech Connect (STC) works to improve your online discoverability, while creating discussion on popular subjects and trending topics among our niche communities. Audience members use STC to get expert insight into a popular topic or field of study, and in the process, get exposure to an authors’ online body of work and books. At STC we don’t just market a book – we market our authors! That way, when people search online for topics in a relevant field, they can find posts, links and content from our authors, ultimately funneling them to book(s) on the Elsevier Store and on ScienceDirect.
Here’s a 5-step overview on how to craft a killer blog post:
1) Start with an introduction to a subject or topic that is popular or trending (ideally related to content in your book). Here it’s best to avoid jargon and instead focus on trending or popular keywords around this subject matter. This is your hook – focus on how to draw readers into your post.
2) Provide context to frame the topic in the larger discussion. Great blog posts focus on the why – why does this matter to you and to your field?
3) Transition to a sample chapter or excerpt from your book that dives deeper into the discussion, offering expert insight and giving the readers a taste of your writing style and book content.
4) Followed with a call-to-action that links to your book (with cover) on the Elsevier Store with discount codes. We can provide this for you.
5) End with an “About the Author” section which is a 1-2 paragraph blurb marketing your online presence (including Twitter handles or hashtags you use, personal blogs, websites, and social media pages), along with your work and research experience. We like to include a biopic and any links to organization or institutions to which you belong.
If you are interested in blogging for SciTech Connect, email our Community Marketing Manager, Stephen Fiedler.
For additional information on blog writing ideas, tips and submission guidelines, please see the PDF below.
Author Connect Archives
- SciTech Connect: Elsevier’s Author Blog Helps Increase Online Discoverability
- Partnerships: How We Help Users Find Your Books
- eBook Platforms: Discoverability in the Age of ‘Search’ on Online Retailers and Library Aggregators
- Discoverability: Irked by Wikipedia Errors? Here’s How to Fix Them
- Global Campaigns: Localizing Content to Expand International Visibility of Your Book
- Raise the Visibility of Your Work with an ORCID Identifier
- Discoverability: 5 Easy Ways to Promote Your Elsevier Store Book Page to Your Network
- Discoverability: SEOwning Your Blog Posts
- SciTech Connect Is Quickly Growing in Popularity – Why We Have Elsevier Authors to Thank
- Want Your Work Discovered in International Markets? Global Amazon Author Pages Can Help
- Merging Websites to Improve User Experience and Discovery
- Top 10 Author FAQs about Book Metadata and How It Impacts Your Book
- Making Your Book More Discoverable in Google’s Online Platforms
- Internet Indexing: Why it Matters and How Elsevier Helps
- Demystifying DRM Technology: Introducing Uninterrupted Access
- Drive Traffic to Your Elsevier Book Page
- Connect with Global Audiences via ScienceDirect
- Publicity: So Your Book Won an Award! Now What?
- Publicity: Making ElsevierConnect Work for You
- Publicity: Put Your Book’s Review to Work
- Publicity: Write for Elsevier Connect - Elsevier's "60 Minutes"
- Publicity: How to Get Your Book the Exposure You Want
- Publicity: What Makes Your Book Worthy of an Award Nomination? What We're Winning These Days and Why
- Our Reference Modules Are Receiving Rave Reviews – Here’s Why They Offer Powerful Benefits for Researchers and Authors
- How Elsevier Reaches the World’s Most Skeptical Audience
- Top Author FAQs about Book Reviews & Awards—An Author’s Guide to the Process
- Publishing: Faster Delivery of Time-Sensitive Content
- eBook Forums: A Place for Librarians to Discuss Market Trends and New Opportunities
- Intellectual Property: Combatting Digital Piracy
- Publishing: Choosing the Best Format for Your Book
- Publishing: Free Author Workshop Videos to Help Navigate the Publishing Process
- Publishing: How eBooks are Produced and Distributed
- Publishing: An Author’s Perspective on How to Write a Successful Single-Authored Book
- Publishing Campus: A New Website Featuring Free Access to Online Lectures, Interactive Training, and Professional Advice
- Mendeley: A New and Easy Way to Manage Your Research
- Ready to Write Again? How to Write a Book Proposal That Gets Reviewed, Approved, and Published
- An Inside Look at the 40+ People Behind Your Book
- Publishing: Why Write a Major Reference Work Article
- Get to Know an Acquisitions Editor: Marisa LaFleur
- 5 Simple Tips To Minimize Edits To Your Book Chapter
- Value of Books
- Demystifying the Production Process: How a Book is Born
- Elsevier’s eBook Forums: Building Bridges to Your Content
- The Latest Release in Elsevier’s Learning Trends Series
- Amazon: How Author Pages Influence Buyers’ Purchasing Decisions
- Amazon: Short-Term Discount Promotions – Extending the Life of Older Content
- Over 80 Partners Mean Expanded Reach for Your Title: Here’s What’s New
- Amazon: 3 Simple Tips for Optimizing Your Amazon Author Page
- Anatomy of an Amazon Product Detail Page for Elsevier Books
- ScienceDirect: Changing the Way Libraries and Their Researchers Find, Buy, and Interact With Reference Content
- ScienceDirect: How Elsevier Keeps Your Librarian Informed
- ScienceDirect: New Visual Learning Tools Change How Readers Consume Information
- ScienceDirect: A New, Improved Mobile Experience Is Here
- ScienceDirect: New Content Innovations Are Garnering Significant Praise
- Take Your Research on the Road This Summer with Mobile Optimized Book Chapters on ScienceDirect
- Fact-Based Analytics Empower Librarians to Fill In Content Gaps
- A Student’s Path to Discovering Your Book on ScienceDirect
- 5 New Videos That Provide Time-Saving Tips for Your Research
- Increasing Accessibility to Your Books with ScienceDirect Topics
- Social Media: Tweet, Tweet - Elsevier Embraces Twitter
- LinkedIn: Optimizing Your Professional Profile
- Facebook: Optimize Your Profile and Professional Reach
- Reddit: Expand Your Online Discoverability and Demonstrate Your Expertise
- LinkedIn: Quick Tips on How to Promote Your Book
- Twitter: Make Yourself Discoverable and Become an Influencer in Your Field
Tradeshows & Conferences
- Tradeshows & Conferences: A Platform to Promote Your Book
- Tradeshows & Conferences: Staying Connected with Industry Professionals, Academicians, Researchers, and Scientists
- Tradeshows & Conferences: Top 5 Engagement Activities, Plus a List of Upcoming Exhibits in 2015
- eBook Forums: Knowledge to “Fill in the Gaps”
- Author Connect Newsletter - September
- Author Connect Newsletter - November '13
- Author Connect Newsletter - January '14
- Author Connect Newsletter - March
- Author Connect Newsletter - May
- Author Connect Newsletter - July
- Author Connect Newsletter - September 2014
- Author Connect: Top 10 Most Read Articles!
- Author Connect Newsletter - November 2014
- Author Connect Newsletter - May '17