Connect with Global Audiences via ScienceDirect
With Elsevier’s ScienceDirect, your content is available globally, in highly accessible and highly discoverable formats, with uniquely available integration into the research workflow:
- Global. ScienceDirect puts your content in front of researchers, students, and faculty across the globe, in the format they desire, wherever they may be: in the lab, the classroom, the office, the library, or anywhere in between.
- Accessible. On ScienceDirect, all content is available to institutional and individual users without restrictions, making it a highly-usable platform for researchers, students, and faculty. ScienceDirect is an award-winning platform for accessibility: 20% of world research in science and health is available in accessible formats on this platform.
- Integrated. With ScienceDirect Topics functionality, book content is surfaced to users at point-of-need within their research workflow, meaning that your content is highly discoverable to Journal users on ScienceDirect, within the research workflow.
Harnessing the Power of ScienceDirect Features and Functionality to Increase the Global Discoverability of your Content
- ScienceDirect Topics: creates bridges from journal articles and search engines to books to increase content discoverability
- An expanded table of contents for each title, providing an insider’s view into the most intricate details of the work
- Search–engine friendly formats that enable more accurate and comprehensive indexing
- Intuitive navigation that allows users to jump quickly between different book sections with ease
- A “Related Book” tool that automatically displays additional book recommendations based on user search terms
- Multimedia capabilities, including video and audio enhancements that allow researchers to explore book contents in even greater depth
- Works in conjunction with Mendeley, a free research management tool that assists with sharing papers and generating citations and bibliographies
- A high level of discoverability on third party platforms, allowing your research to be easily accessed
- No digital rights management restrictions
- Image Search, a quick and efficient function that enables the timely search of over 15 million images
Over 15 million customers around the globe rely on ScienceDirect as a trusted source for full-text books, journals and subject collections. These readers come from a broad range of academic, government and corporate research institutions and include:
- Health care professionals
- Information professionals
- Corporate R&D professionals