Share this article:
Register for More Data Mining with Weka MOOC
The University of Waikato is now offering an advanced MOOC on data mining! More Data Mining with Weka will commence in late April and run for five weeks. It follows on from the entry-level MOOC, Data Mining with Weka, which the university is currently running for a second time.
Taught by University of Waikato Department of Computer Science Professor, Ian H. Witten, this new course follows on from Data Mining with Weka and provides a deeper account of data mining tools and techniques.
The 5-week course will begin on 28 April 2014. Students should have completed Data Mining with Weka, or have equivalent knowledge of the subject.
- online access to chapters from Data Mining (3rd Edition)
- CC-BY videos & slides (see the materials site)
- online assessment leading to a Statement of Completion (example)
- English & Chinese captions on YouTube and Youku
Subscribe to the Announcements forum for updates and reminders.
Computing functionality is ubiquitous. Today this logic is built into almost any machine you can think of, from home electronics and appliances to motor vehicles, and it governs the infrastructures we depend on daily — telecommunication, public utilities, transportation. Maintaining it all and driving it forward are professionals and researchers in computer science, across disciplines including:
- Computer Architecture and Computer Organization and Design
- Data Management, Big Data, Data Warehousing, Data Mining, and Business Intelligence (BI)
- Human Computer Interaction (HCI), User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Interaction Design and Usability
- Artificial intelligence (AI)