Share this article:
Nine Elsevier Titles Receive 2018 PROSE Awards
The winners of the 2018 PROSE awards have been announced, and Elsevier received an outstanding nine wins! Awarded yearly by the Association of American Publishers (AAP), the PROSE Awards recognize some of the best new books published each year.
As the largest voice for the publishing industry, representing nearly four hundred member associations across the United States, these awards are eagerly anticipated and highly coveted every year. A total of 64 awards are presented each year but only five works are selected to receive “Best Of” Excellence awards.
The AAP recognized Elsevier texts in the fields of Biological and Life Sciences, Physical Science and Mathematics, and Reference Works. In addition to CHEM’s three awards, three Elsevier titles won category awards and three received Honorable Mentions. For both the Clinical Medicine and Social Sciences Textbook Awards, Elsevier received both a win and an honorable mention – two out of three total awards given in those categories. Elsevier’s winning texts are listed below.
Biological and Life Sciences
- Winner, Applied Social Work, Nursing, and Allied Health Award: Innovative Approaches to Individual and Community Resilience: From Theory to Practice by Darlyne G. Nemeth and Traci W. Olivier
- Winner, Clinical Medicine Award: Principles of Gender-Specific Medicine: Gender in the Genomic Era, Third Edition by Marianne Legato
- Honorable Mention, Clinical Medicine Award: Individualized Drug Therapy for Patients: Basic Foundations, Relevant Software and Clinical Applications by Roger Jelliffe and Michael Neely
- Winner, Social Sciences Textbook Award: Forensic Science Reform: Protecting the Innocent by Wendy J. Koen and C. Michael Bowers
- Honorable Mention, Social Sciences Textbook Award: Osteoarcheology: A Guide to Macroscopic Study of Human Skeletal Remains by Efthymia Nikita
Physical Science and Mathematics
- Honorable Mention, Earth Science Award: Photo Atlas of Mineral Pseudomorphism by J. Theo Kloprogge, Rob Lavinsky and Stretch Young
For more information on the PROSE awards and to see a complete list of the 2018 winners, visit the PROSE Awards website.
Stay up-to-date on the latest news and announcements from Elsevier. Learn about new product launches, programs and additions to our extensive list of books, journals and publisher tools.