Share this article:
Elsevier’s Impact Factors Rise
June is always an exciting time of the year for the academic publishing community as it is when the new impact factors are released. It is not just exciting for those working on journals, the Elsevier book series also receive new impact factors each year. We are also indexed by Scopus meaning that each one has a very robust set of metrics behind it.
We’ve had another excellent year! Hardly surprising when you consider the book series are edited by well-known experts from around the world who commission the very best researchers to write for them. Each book series offers comprehensive reviews in the hot topics of their field, allowing the researcher to quickly get up to speed on state-of-the-art knowledge.
Particular highlights for the book series this year are:
- 13 books series are ranked in the top 10 of 12 different journal categories
- 27 of our book series are in the top half of their Impact Factor categories
- 20 serials saw their Impact Factors increase in 2015
- Advances in Organometallic Chemistry is ranked 1st in the Organic Chemistry category.
- Advances in Experimental Social Psychology is ranked 2nd in the Experimental Psychology and Social Psychology category.
- Advances in Parasitology and Advances In Atomic Molecular and Optical Physics are ranked 4th in their respective categories.
- Advances in Agronomy has improved to rank 3rd in the Agronomy category.
- Serials with the highest Eigenfactor scores are Current Topics in Developmental Biology and Progress in Brain Research
Read more about our excellent metrics below:
Stay up-to-date on the latest news and announcements from Elsevier. Learn about new product launches, programs and additions to our extensive list of books, journals and publisher tools.