Share this article:
Elsevier’s Guide to SFN Booth Activities
Here’s a sneak peek of what to expect when you visit Elsevier booths #300 and #301 at the Society for Neuroscience conference!
- Browse new and classic books on display and take advantage of exclusive conference savings
- Enter your name in our book-a-day giveaway and win the book of your choice
- Meet famed cartographers George Paxinos and Charles Watson as they unveil their newest atlases
- Attend one of our author meet and greet receptions and some lucky attendees will go home with a signed copy of one of their books
- Stop by daily for swag while supplies last – sunglasses, journals, USB drives,
- Sign our interactive neuroscience board. Add a message, personal quote or just some words of wisdom. Snap a picture and post to Twitter or Facebook and save an additional 5% off books
- View our new ScienceDirect Topics. This new research enhancement allows different areas of knowledge to connect and form an exploratory network—the optimal environment for intuitive learning.
BROWSE NEW RELEASES AND CLASSICS AT CONFERENCE DISCOUNTS
Browse new releases and classic neuroscience books at the conference and save 30% off print list price. Need it today? Click the cover and you’ll be directed to the Elsevier store where you can purchase at the conference price and enjoy free global shipping. Apply discount code STC317 at checkout.
All other neuroscience titles are also available at the conference price. Browse more books here.
CELEBRATING 35 YEARS OF ATLAS EXCELLENCE
Meet famed cartographers George Paxinos and Charles Watson at the Author Meet and Greet events when they unveil the new The Rat Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates: Compact 7th Edition. All booth visitors will be entered to win a free copy!
AUTHOR AND EDITOR MEET AND GREET RECEPTIONS
Stop by during one or both of our author and editor receptions and learn more about their books. You’ll be entered into two drawings during the events and you may go home with one of those books! It’s also a good time to say hello to the Elsevier editorial staff to discuss your book proposal.
Sunday, November 12, 3:30 – 5:00 pm
Monday, November 13, 12:00 – 1:30 pm
George Paxinos – Charles Watson – Pascal Wallisch – Jerome Badaut – Larry Edelstein Harald Sontheimer – F. Scott Hall – Luísa Lopes – Illana Gozes – Heinz Steiner – Gulgun Sengul – David Blum Ahmed El Hady ·Duane Haines · Jasna Markovac – Edgar Garcia-Rill
ELSEVIER JOURNAL ACTIVITIES
Visit Booth #300 to stay up to date on the latest from Elsevier’s Neuroscience journals.
- Browse our portfolio of top neuroscience journals, check out our newly launched open access titles, and talk to us about how to get published.
- Plus, come along and get your free Neuron USB flash drive packed full of 2017 Special Issues and topical content.
- Discuss your research with some of our prestigious Neuroscience editors and check out our newly launched journals.
- Book your place for an Editor Speed Review with the Editors of Neuroscience on Monday, November 13 here
- Register your place for a Meet the Editor session on Wednesday, November 15 here
CELL PRESS ACTIVITIES
- Visit the booth for the latest neuroscience breakthroughs published in Cell Press journals including Neuron, Cell, Cell Reports, Trends in Neurosciences, and Trends in Cognitive Sciences.
- Attend one of our Meet the Editor sessions to discuss your latest research findings or to catch up with colleagues from Cell Press. These sessions are also a great way to learn more about how to get published in a Cell Press journal from its own professional, in-house editors.
The scientific study of the nervous system is entering a new golden age. Researchers and clinicians continue to advance the treatment of conditions such as Alzheimer’s syndrome, Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, and traumatic brain injury. Public initiatives like the federal Brain Research Through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies (BRAIN) program in the United States, announced in April 2013, ensure that funding and resources will continue to be applied to this rapidly growing field. Elsevier’s journals, books, eBooks, online references, and tools are respected around the world for everything from physiology and pathology to behavioral genetics and nerve repair. Our publications are a gateway to the latest advancements in neuroscience research and leading-edge data for professionals, students, and academics alike.