Share this article:
Announcing the 2017 Texty Award Winners!
Elsevier is proud to announce our books received Texty Awards this year. All of the awards are listed in the College category from the Text and Academic Authors Association (TAA).
2017 Textbook Excellence Award (“Texty”)
By Stormy Attaway
- Presents programming concepts and MATLAB built-in functions side-by-side
- Offers a systematic, step-by-step approach, building on concepts throughout the book and facilitating easier learning
- Includes sections on common pitfalls and programming guidelines to direct students toward best practices
- Combines basic programming concepts, built-in functions, and advanced topics for problem solving with MATLAB to make this book uniquely suitable for a wide range of courses teaching or using MATLAB across the curriculum
By Philip Kosky, Robert Balmer, William Keat and George Wise
- NEW: Chapters on Aeronautical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, and Design Teams
- NEW: Expanded content in the chapters “Defining the Problem,” “Generation of ‘Alternative Concepts’,” and “Detailed Design”
- NEW: Material on sustainability issues in engineering
- Introduces students to the engineering profession, emphasizing the fundamental physical, chemical, and material bases for all engineering work
- Includes an Engineering Ethics Decision Matrix used throughout the book to pose ethical challenges and explore decision-making in an engineering context
- Lists of “Top Engineering Achievements” and “Top Engineering Challenges” help put the material in context and show engineering as a vibrant discipline involved in solving societal problems
- Companion Web site includes links to several new drawing supplements, including “Free-hand Engineering Sketching,” (detailed instructions on free-hand engineering sketching); “AutoCAD Introduction,” (an introduction to the free AutoCAD drawing software); and “Design Projects,” (new freshman-level design projects that complement the “Hands-On” part of the textbook).
Instructors Raise the bar on academic results! Elsevier publishes some of the leading textbooks in Computer Science, Engineering, Environmental Science, Finance, Forensics, Life Science, Mathematics, Physical Security, and many other disciplines. Our award-winning authors bring the latest insights from their classrooms to yours.
Register on our instructor web site to gain all the benefits of using Elsevier textbooks, including:
- request review copies
- access exclusive web-based ancillaries
- browse our list of new and best-selling textbooks
- register your adoptions
Textbooks are now integrated on ScienceDirect, making titles easier to find. Empower your students with current, pioneering content today.
To purchase a print or e-copy of the book, visit the Elsevier Store.
Apply discount code STC317 and receive up to 30% off the list price.
Computing functionality is ubiquitous. Today this logic is built into almost any machine you can think of, from home electronics and appliances to motor vehicles, and it governs the infrastructures we depend on daily — telecommunication, public utilities, transportation. Maintaining it all and driving it forward are professionals and researchers in computer science, across disciplines including:
- Computer Architecture and Computer Organization and Design
- Data Management, Big Data, Data Warehousing, Data Mining, and Business Intelligence (BI)
- Human Computer Interaction (HCI), User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Interaction Design and Usability
- Artificial intelligence (AI)